Author Patrick Lencioni wrote, “the greatest myth that exists about meetings is that they are inherently bad.”
It’s easy to understand why people feel that way.
They run long, seem to lack a clear purpose and the same issues tend to come up repeatedly without a resolution.
During meetings, many team members may refrain from participating, and yet, there is always one person who monopolizes the conversation and gets the meeting off track.
Soon a side conversation develops, or a debate gets heated. Team members then check out by glancing at their watches, looking at their phone, socializing and just hoping the meeting will finally end...
With the right framework and strategy, meetings don’t have to be this way. Instead of being bored and frustrated, participants can come away energized with a sense of clear purpose.
This interactive on-demand eLearning course is designed to help you become more intentional about how you incorporate the use of meetings to advance team alignment and productivity.
Upon completing this course you will:
- Know how to facilitate energizing, productive meetings with a clear purpose that leads to follow-through of commitments
- Have criteria to decide whether a meeting is necessary and who needs to be invited
- Identify four distinct meeting formats and when to apply them
- Have best practices for holding brainstorming sessions
- Have a strategy to allow for respectful disagreement, leading to innovation and better decision making
- Learn several questions and phrases you can use to encourage input from less participative employees
- Be able to manage common predictable disruptive behaviors
- One full year of access to the on-demand, self-paced eLearning course
- Pause, rewind and re-watch at your convenience
- Practical tools you can use immediately at work and in your personal life.
- Interactive activities and a final quiz to aid in and measure retention.
- Free downloadable participant guide ($65 value)