Avoidance is the #1 response of leaders when dealing with a difficult situation.
It can be uncomfortable having conversations about unmet workplace expectations and challenges like:
- Personal hygiene and dress code
- Attendance and tardiness
- Workplace bullies, misconduct and inappropriate behavior
- Underperformance, insubordination or defiance
This self-paced on-demand course and accompanying workbook equips leaders with a proven six-step process for conducting a firm and respectful conversation that results in lasting change.
The six-step process can be used in a wide variety of situations with employees, peers and even your own boss.
The course includes a downloadable participant guide, interactive activities and final exams.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Have increased confidence and competence to effectively conduct difficult conversations.
- Disarm common predictable responses such as defensiveness and blame-shifting.
- Understand the importance of setting employees up for success, taking into consideration the responsibilities of the organization, the leader and the employee.
- Assess situations objectively, minimizing the tendency to automatically place blame on the employee for unmet expectations.
- One full year of access to the on-demand, self-paced eLearning course
- Pause, rewind and re-watch at your convenience
- Practical tools you can use immediately at work and in your personal life.
- Interactive activities and a final quiz to aid in and measure retention.
- Free downloadable participant guide ($65 value)